Friday, November 14, 2008

AM I THE ONLY ONE ?

Weird egoistical way of starting something isn't this ? But as my friends keep on saying , I am a weird guy . What kind of a weird guy , I ask ? REALLY WEIRD !!! I'm told . And I go on living with it . The taunts and the snorts of laughter . The feeling of being used when you are needed and thrown away and spat at like a dirty rag when you are not . My life is a pretty strange one . I am not special , I am just different . I am a bong , and sometimes i don't feel all that proud to announce it . And I am eccentric too . Are not all bongs , I am asked . With my permanently tongue-tied dumb face , I can't think of a suitable reply before I am verbally screwed again and again . Dumb Bong , Dumb bong , DUMB BONG !!!! Nice name right ? Rhymes with ping-pong , ding-dong , sing-a-song ?? Hey Bong , do you like poetry ? Do you fag, bong ? Do you drink or dope ? No , I say , and Bang !!!! Dumb Bong is not even Bong , man !!! He is an insult to Bong hood . Seems funny doesn't it ? A stuck-up eccentric being fucked for being a Bong and then suddenly he isn't even even a Bong !!! COOOL MAAANN !! But you know , even as I try to wash off the insults and continous humiliation i am subjected to , a tinge of a lost identity just remains . You know , something like those acid stains on your shirt that are never washed off . It is like a vaccuum in your soul - a yearning for the respect your heart feels it deserves . But i never got it . I am different from the rest , but it is because i want a touch of individuality in my life . I could have changed , but I did not . Isn't it because i'm dumb , you ask ? Maybe . Maybe not . I like to think it is not . I dream that the answer is that even now , i want just go back to the care-free days that were once mine . I want to lie on a mountain and feel the wind as i gaze at the starry skies . I want to dream again and I that is why , I do not want to become another drop in the vast ocean of normality . And if that means that I live with being treated like shit , so be it . One day , in this life or another I will reach my place under the stars . And once there , I will gaze up and I'll dream again .
"But I being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams." ( W.B. Yeats)

1 comment:

Diptarka said...

it is a long way ahead, good that you have written this down.. .life is not about what other people think about you..but it is about having fun...reiterating what Feynman had said and followed..."What Do You Care What Other People Think?"